Manipura/Solar Plexus Chakra: Powerhouse of Individuality and Confidence!
Referred also as Solar Plexus, Manipura is the third chakra after Swadhisthana. Located between Navel and Ribcage.
Primary function of this chakra is to provide us with a sense of individuality, Willpower, self-confidence and capacities of leading and inspiring other people through our firm and strong solar energies. This chakra represents the logical and intellectual side of the brain.
Color that represents Solar Chakra is Golden Yellow. Element is Fire and planet that rules this Chakra is Sun. Functional nature of this chakra is masculine.
In the body, it rules over our digestive fire, immunity and bones.
Desires of constant betterment of the world, energetic upliftment of the willpower and fire of leading and inspiring is the theme of this chakra. This is where spirituality conjuncts humans through Karma Yoga.
Misusing Manipura’s fiery energies leads to following issues to the individual.
- Excessive digestive fire
- Ego issues
- Indulging in unnecessary fights/arguments
- Control Freak/Demanding Respect
- Anger issues
- Pitta related disorders
- Throwing criticism on others
- Over Ambitious/Workaholics
- Baldness/Premature graying of hair
- Self-Absorbed/Power Hungry
- Commanding instead of leading
Not harnessing the energies of this chakra leads to under active/suppressed Solar Plexus.
- Low digestive fire/Constipation
- Low Self-Esteem
- Stage Phobia
- Introvert nature because of fear/shame
- Lack of Commitment
- Refusal of responsibilities
- Habitual Procrastination
Below are some of the practices for activating this Chakra’s positive qualities;
- Waking up with the Sunrise
- Offering water to the Sun God
- Chanting 108 names of Surya/Sun God
- Meditating on a flame/Tratak
- Drinking Water Kept in Gold/Brass Vessel
- Drinking Turmeric milk
- Offering self-less help to others
- Being a source of Motivation and Moral Support to others
- Making and fulfilling smaller commitments initially to build trust in relationships
- Balancing Yoga Poses and Sun Salutation
- Using Ambition to uplift society as a whole
- Help creating jobs and source of income to the less privileged
- Practicing Willpower
When functioning at optimum level, Solar Plexus Chakra gives the ability of being a leader.
- Radiant Tejas Element
- Self Confidence
- Doing more, Speaking less
- Steady focus on long term goals
- Accomplishing tasks on time
- Auto-reactive Abilities
- Ability to inspire others through actions
One of the key paths to reaching the divine is through Karma Yoga, meaning selfless actions done for the higher purpose. Using our inner fire for transformation and not destruction. If we understand the qualities of Sun well enough, we will realize that when we have kindled the inner light within us, the best thing is, to let it radiate to enlighten others along the way.
The Sun, after giving so much to us, still loses nothing and yet, revives and rejuvenates all, without expectations.